Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Submissions for September, 2006 - Topic: Motion


Congratulations to Paul R1. His video, "Downhill Racer" was voted Most Interesting Video of the month.


Director: Jamal T.

I'm an occasional poster on the Adobe Premiere Elements Forums. Early in September I had some time to do some experiments with my camcorder.



My Series of Unfortunate Experiments





Director: Paul R1

Finally got some inspiration to finish it as it has been sitting on my hard drive for about a year now. My son was 2 and a half years old when the footage was shot last summer. Just some basic movie maker effects added with a commentary found on the British Pathe website where you can download low res videos - the commentary quality was good enough to borrow for my video. Apart from the WMM effects entirely edited in Premiere Elements V1.




Downhill Racer on Vimeo





Director: Janice and Ed

We shot this video at the National Zoo in Washington, DC. Of course the animals there are often displaying various forms of motion as they go about their day, and we tried to capture some of their personality as we filmed them at motion. The song is from The Pernice Brothers, and we used it because of its tempo and the fact that we like it a lot. You can check out more of their music at their website.



Zoomotion on Vimeo





Director: Ed

I shot this at the county fair, but my original intention was to shoot and submit the hermit crab races. When I saw the pig races I knew that I had to change my plan! Pigs in motion? Why not?



Pig Race on Vimeo

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, to start the intro is fantastic. I'm sure that took awhile to keyframe and put together.

I love the commentary audio, and the editing was tight with it. I thought the old 16mm look went well with it too. Also, your kids are great. I remember when mine where that age. I wish I had been in to video back then.

Well Done!

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...my previous comment was for "Downhill Racer".

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was excellent Jamal. Great special effects, and done with child actors no less! It looks like they had a lot of fun performing during the filming.

I really didn't notice the shadows until you mentioned it at the end of the clip.

Did you speed up the soundtrack, or was that a version of the song that was already sped up?

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ed,
Yeah I sped up the track probably a little too fast...
JDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home